Now that I've completed the list, I need your help!
I've set the task of decorating 5 rooms in the new townhouse. Ben and I are moving in about a month. While we've lived here for a year, we never really decorated. I think we always knew this was temporary, and never wanted to spend much money decorating the place. Obviously, a townhouse that we're renting won't be a permanent residence, but I want it to feel a little more homey. So, I ask you... what are your favorite decorating sites/blogs/DIY ideas? Since it's not a permanent house, I don't want to spend a lot of money, but would like to make each room look a little homier. The (slight) catch is that I live with a boy, so the "common spaces" can't be overly feminine.
Next on the list... wineries! My goal is to visit 4 new wineries by November. Who doesn't love an afternoon tasting different kinds of wines?! Missouri has 91 different wineries. Which ones have you been to, and what were your thoughts? Which would you recommend? Recommend staying away from?
Keeping with the vino theme, another one of my tasks is to try 8 new bottles of wine. So, what are your favorite bottles of wine? I usually go for reds, or sweet whites on hot summer nights, but I'm willing to try anything. Also, any especially favorite budget bottles? My favorite budget bottle is Barefoot's (Red) Zinfindel, which usually runs $6 a bottle or less. Yum!
Finally, I've set a goal to try 16 new recipes. This really shouldn't be hard for me at all, as I'm always in the kitchen, but I'm interested in your favorite recipes. Do you have a favorite recipe you're willing to share? A favorite recipe blog or other source of new ideas? Ben and I try to stay moderately low carb for the most part (there are definitely exceptions, but I don't regularly cook pasta/rice/potatoes). Do you have any low carb recipes? I'm up for any recipes you've got, as I can probably tweak them to be pretty low in carb and/or we occasionally eat carbs just because they're delicious. :)
1 comment:
I recommend belle maison as a interior design blog: http://www.bellemaison23.com/
And for some wine ideas, check out my post:http://www.goeslightly.com/2011/06/wine-and-beer.html (we liked the very first pictured best)
Post a Comment